Terms and Conditions
Behaviour and training client t&c’s:
The following terms and conditions will apply to all behaviour consultations, one-to-one training, equipment and other services relating and supplied by Claire Kirby and 4-Legs-Good Pet Behaviour Counselling. These terms and conditions aim to protect the rights and welfare of clients, their pets, as well as the behaviourist. Please read the terms and conditions carefully. Should you have any queries please speak to Claire.
- Any information you choose to disclose to 4-Legs-Good will be securely retained on paper and on a computer database and will not be disclosed to third parties without your prior consent, unless there are legal reasons to do so.
- We will endeavor to take all reasonable care, but can accept no responsibility for loss, accident or injury that occur to pet, owner, or their families, or for any veterinary bills, or other costs arising from any incident relating to training, equipment, or advice given by Claire Kirby and 4-Legs-Good Pet Behaviour Counselling.
- Any information regarding the pet’s health and/or existing medical conditions/treatment must be disclosed prior to any consultation, or training, or supply of equipment. Where relevant, any health issues regarding you, the handler, should also be disclosed to avoid injury and other issues pertaining to the services/equipment supplied.
- Any information regarding behaviour issues in relation to your pet must be freely disclosed for example, fear, aggression, pet’s previous behaviour history etc. Failure to do so could cause serious harm to your pet, you the owner, your behaviourist, or other members of the public.
- If your pet is showing signs of ill health (such as vomiting, diarrhea, coughing), or if you have a bitch in season, please advise Claire as soon as possible to rearrange your appointment. This also applies to post-operative recovery periods. Your cancellation clause arrangement will of course apply in this case.
- Children and family members are welcome to join in with consultations – this is at your own discretion. All involved must also comply with the Health and Safety recommendations advised herein and to take proper reasonable care during and after the consultation. We accept no liability for the health and safety of those you choose to involve.
- Children must always be supervised when around animals and you should take proper care to ensure that they don’t attempt to replicate any training or behaviour modification recommendations on your pet without proper, adult supervision. This applies in all cases, even if the children have been actively involved in behaviour consultations or training sessions with 4-Legs-Good Pet Behaviour Counselling.
- Payment/deposit for services must be made in advance at the time of booking. For some services, payments are made by a deposit, followed by the remainder of the payment at the appointment. For other services the full fee is payable in advance. There is a cooling-off period of 14 days from the time of booking. If you choose for the service to take place within these 14 days, you lose your right to cancel with a refund. If cancelled more than 5 working days before the appointment, the consultation may either be re-scheduled and the deposit carried over to the next session. 4 Legs Good reserve the right to retain half of the deposit to cover administration costs. For pre-paid training courses, cancellations received at least 48 hours before the appointment will result in re-scheduling of that session. Any cancellations received closer to the appointment than the times described above will result in retention of all of the deposit, plus the full fee for that service being invoiced. Cancellations should be made in writing.
- Claire Kirby and 4-Legs-Good Pet Behaviour Counselling do not endorse the use of physical punitive correction. Our welfare and protection policy is that any health or welfare issues found to be of concern will be reported to the local government authority and RSPCA inspector, or local Police where appropriate.
- When you book a service, or purchase a product from 4-Legs-Good Pet Behaviour Counselling, it is given that you accept and agree to abide by these terms and conditions and you take responsibility to ensure that all parties involved in handling and/or training of your pet will also abide by these terms and conditions. This agreement will carry over to any subsequent training, equipment and services.
Shop client t&c’s:
The following terms and conditions apply to all licences granted by 4 Legs good pet behaviour counselling for access to the ‘4 legs good professional resources’ (videos, manual and 4 legs good report writing system):
- The licence grants permission to view the ‘case study videos’ only. They are not to be reproduced or redistributed in any way.
The 4 legs good manual and report writing system are designed for pet behaviour professionals to use in communications with their clients:
- Dog training manual: The licence grants permission for training and behaviour professionals to use the dog training manual with their training and/or behaviour clients. Not intended to be edited. Not for further distribution or resale. Supplied in pdf form.
- The ‘report writing system’ details frequently presenting problem behaviours and supports the preparation of behaviour reports. The licence covers dog behaviour professionals to use the ‘problem behaviour protocols’ and ‘concept information handouts’ as a basis for preparing reports for their dog behaviour clients. Intended to be editable. Not for further distribution or resale. Supplied as a word file.
Claire Kirby and 4 legs good accept no responsibility for loss, accident or injury that occur to pet, owner, or their families, or for any veterinary bills, or other costs arising from any incident relating to techniques outlined in the manual and ‘problem behaviour protocols’ at point of sale.
When you purchase a product from 4-Legs-Good Pet Behaviour Counselling, it is given that you accept and agree to abide by these terms and conditions.